March 21, 2010

Banana Carrot Bread


I found this recipe at a blog I just discovered and I had some ripe bananas that needed to be used. Let's see if this recipe goes over any better than the
Cranberry Pecan Banana Bread from a couple weeks ago!

* http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/ (This link is on my sidebar)

1 cup mashed bananas (~3 very ripe bananas)
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup canola oil-I used olive oil
2 eggs
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup finely grated carrots

Combine bananas, brown sugar, oil and eggs in mixer. Sift flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in large bowl. Stir in banana mixture. Fold in carrots. Spoon into greased and floured large loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.

Rate It!
Jen: 8
Kile: 8.5
Kiley: 6.5
Madee: 5
Destrie: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment