Recipe from Allrecipes.com
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ham and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir potatoes into ham mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir Cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted.
- Pour sauce over ham and potatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs atop casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes
- Rate It!!!
- Jen: 7
- Kile: 6.5
- Kiley: 5
- Madee: 6.5