May 28, 2014
*Recipe slightly adapted from a ward cookbook
2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 minced onion flakes
salt and pepper -to taste
2 (8oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
corn chips- about 10-12 oz
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
** sour cream, ranch dressing, shredded lettuce, olives--for topping
Add salt, pepper, and minced onion flakes.
Add tomato sauces and chili powder.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Put a layer of chips (slightly crushed) on bottom of pan.
Next, add all of beef mixture.
Top with another layer of tortilla chips.
Prepare cream of mushroom soup with milk, stir to combine.
Pour over chips. Top with shredded cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Top with your choice of sour cream, ranch dressing, lettuce, or olives to serve.
Kiley: has moved out! She will rate food when she is here!
May 15, 2014
- 1 (12 oz) bag of white or vanilla chips
- 1 tub (1 lb) Strawberry or Lemon Frosting
- food coloring, if needed - add 2 yellow to the lemon version for a brighter yellow color
- Line a 9 x 9 inch dish with foil and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the vanilla chips. Microwave for 30 seconds followed but 10 second intervals until smooth stirring each time.
- Add the frosting to the melted chips and stir until well combined. Add food coloring if needed.
- Pour into pan and spread until even. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove fudge from the pan using foil and cut into squares.
For long term storage, keep in the refrigerator. Then bring out of the fridge about 30 minutes before eating.
Recipe and Photo From: Real Mom Kitchen
May 6, 2014
Recipe and Photo from Real Mom Kitchen
- canola oil, for frying
- (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6-8 toothpicks
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a deep pan like a dutch oven over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together refried beans, taco seasoning, and cheese.
- Spread about ⅓ cup of the refried bean mixture in a straight line about ⅓ in from one edge of the tortilla.
- Roll tortillas up tightly, keeping ends open. Secure with a toothpick. You want it to look like a taquito. Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- Once oil is hot, Carefully place 2-3 burritos in the skillet and cook for 30-60 seconds, or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn the burritos and cook the other side until golden. Remove from oil and lay on a paper towel lined plate or baking pan.
- Repeat the frying process until all the burritos are cooked.