September 26, 2012
Recipe and Photo from: Our Life Uncommon
Place 4 thawed chicken breasts (cut in half) in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 min.
Mix in a Gallon Size Ziploc or Large Bowl:
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 T Season All
3/4 tsp Pepper
1 c. Flour
2 tsp. Paprika
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
Place each piece of chicken in the pan.
Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.
*Once again, I forgot to get ratings...I do remember that everyone liked this though. It's a keeper!
September 18, 2012
Recipe and Photo from: Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken -shredded
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or pepper Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings
I forgot to get ratings...everyone ate all of it though. It was good. I would give it an 8.5 Try it, it's a keeper and so quick and easy!
September 9, 2012
7 ounces of spaghetti
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes-I used less
1/4 to 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
The measurements in this recipe can be shifted depending on your taste preferences.
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package, until it is al dente.
- Strain spaghetti and place in a large serving dish.
- Add minced garlic, chili pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix together well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Destrie: too spicey