September 22, 2013
6 boneless porkchops
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of water
2 cans green beans (i used french cut)
5 or 6 large russet potatoes- peeled and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
Dump 1 can of soup in slow cooker, add water and stir to combine.
Place the pork chops in the slower. Layer them on top of each other.
Add potatoes, then salt and pepper on top.
Dump other can of soup over the potatoes and spread with a spoon to cover potatoes.
Cook on high for 4 or 5 hours. Until potatoes are tender.
Reduce heat to low and add green beans. Cook for 1 hour more.
*Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
Destrie: didn't like the beans...8 or 9 for the rest!
September 21, 2013
Recipe and Photo from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C brown sugar
2 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 C rolled oats
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C raspberry jam.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 cups rolled oats.
3. Add 1 cup soft butter. Grab yourself a pastry blender and mix the butter into the dry ingredients. (I used a fork.)
4. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and pour 4 cups of the oat mixture into the pan.
5. Grab some jam. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the jam into a microwave safe bowl and heat it up for about 30 seconds. Warming up the jam will make it much easier to spread.
6. Pour the jam onto the oats mixture and spread it out with a knife. Be sure to leave about a half-inch around the perimeter of the pan free from jam.
7. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top of the of the jam.
8. Press it gently into the pan with a wooden spoon.
9. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow the pan to cool completely and then cut into bars.
September 7, 2013
1/4 cup minced onion flakes
2 (14.5 oz.) diced canned tomatoes with liquid
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp. oregano
1 lb. ground beef
12 oz. spaghetti- cooked
1/3 parmesan cheese
Brown ground beef in a pan. Add minced onion flakes. Cook for a few minutes, then add tomatoes and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes
Place 1/2 of cooked spaghetti in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with 1/2 of hamburger/tomato mixture. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
Mix cream of mushroom soup with water, stir to combine. Pour over casserole.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
*Recipe adapted from a ward cookbook...Thanks Jennalyn Jensen
Destrie: didn't like the tomaotes, only liked the noodles 100% :)