Recipe and Photo from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C brown sugar
2 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 C rolled oats
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C raspberry jam.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 cups rolled oats.
3. Add 1 cup soft butter. Grab yourself a pastry blender and mix the butter into the dry ingredients. (I used a fork.)
4. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and pour 4 cups of the oat mixture into the pan.
5. Grab some jam. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the jam into a microwave safe bowl and heat it up for about 30 seconds. Warming up the jam will make it much easier to spread.
6. Pour the jam onto the oats mixture and spread it out with a knife. Be sure to leave about a half-inch around the perimeter of the pan free from jam.
7. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top of the of the jam.
8. Press it gently into the pan with a wooden spoon.
9. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow the pan to cool completely and then cut into bars.