- canola oil, for frying
- (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6-8 toothpicks
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a deep pan like a dutch oven over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together refried beans, taco seasoning, and cheese.
- Spread about ⅓ cup of the refried bean mixture in a straight line about ⅓ in from one edge of the tortilla.
- Roll tortillas up tightly, keeping ends open. Secure with a toothpick. You want it to look like a taquito. Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- Once oil is hot, Carefully place 2-3 burritos in the skillet and cook for 30-60 seconds, or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn the burritos and cook the other side until golden. Remove from oil and lay on a paper towel lined plate or baking pan.
- Repeat the frying process until all the burritos are cooked.