April 14, 2010
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
This recipe and photo came from Allrecipes.com
* 1 Fuji apple - peeled, cored and diced
* 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
* 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
* 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup oil for frying
* 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
**I was in too big of a hurry to fry the Cinnamon Tortillas. A person on Allrecipes, suggested using Graham Crackers to dip in the salsa and that is what I did. I will try the Cinnamon Tortilla Chips next time.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
4. Place white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
5. Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.