August 5, 2010
Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes
Photo and recipe from Pioneer Woman Cooks
* 5 whole Large Red Potatoes
* 1 stick Butter, Softened And Cut Into Pieces
* 5 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled- I used Hormel Real Bacon Bits
* 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
* ¾ cups Sour Cream
* Salt To Taste
* Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
* ¾ cups French Fried Onions, More For Topping
Microwave potatoes or bake in the oven until fork-tender. Add to a large bowl and smash with a potato masher. Immediately add softened butter, green onions, bacon, and sour cream and stir with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add french fried onions and fold in.
Serve hot, sprinkling on extra french fried onions and green onions.
*this dish has a strong onion flavor. If you don't love onions, I would suggest leaving out the green onions.