August 21, 2010

When I Grow Up and a Biscuit Recipe





Yesterday, Destrie says to me, "Guess what I'm going to be when I grow up?" Then he tells me, "I'm going to be a food critic!"
I guess all these "recipe reviews" are rubbing off on him! This morning, I was making biscuits when Destrie woke up. He came into the kitchen and asked if he could help. I gave him his own ball of dough to roll out, he cut out the biscuits, put them on his own little baking sheet, and we baked them. He had so much fun and he loved the biscuits.

Freezer Biscuits
*recipe and photo from The Sisters Cafe


4 cups flour
2 TBs. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 cup butter
16oz sour cream
3-5 tsp water

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut in butter until there are small well blended pieces. Add sour cream and water, mix well. Knead and roll out to 1 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter. Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.

**Can freeze individually on a cookie sheet. When frozen solid, place in a freezer bag to store. When ready to use, place frozen biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes or until top is golden.


Rate It!
Jen: 8
Kile:
Kiley: 8
Madee: 7.5
Destrie: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment