November 14, 2011
Dallas Cowboys Cake with Butter Cream Frosting
Destrie's birthday cake!
This is the frosting recipe I used.
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1/2 C butter flavored shortening
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 t vanilla
3 1/2 - 4 C powdered sugar
1-2 T milk
1. Put your shortening and softened butter in the bottom of a mixing bowl.
2. Add your vanilla and mix well.
3. Add your powdered sugar a little at a time. Add in a bit of milk as you go, as well.
4. The consistency is key here. You want it to be a bit sticky. When you dab your finger into it, the frosting should stick just a bit.
5. Add your coloring of choice.