July 22, 2010

Green Beans


Recipe from Allrecipes.com
As I was getting ready to make dinner last night, I realized that the veggies I had planned on steaming had gone bad- I hate it when that happens. Anyway, I had a bag of frozen beans in the freezer and hoped I could somehow use them. I went to my Allrecipes.com recipe box and found this recipe that I had saved several years ago and never made. These are officially called Airport Bob's Green Beans. I don't know who Airport Bob is but these beans are delicious!
I did adapt the recipe slightly,it called for 6 strips of Bacon but I used Hormel Real Bacon Bits (as I always do!)

Ingredients:
* 1/4 cup (or more) Hormel Real Bacon bits
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Directions

1. Melt butter and brown sugar in a pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved; remove from the heat and set aside.




2. Place the green beans into a Ziploc Zip and Steam Bag. Follow directions on the bag for the amount of beans you are cooking. Let beans sit for 1 minute after cooking as it says on steamer bag. Add to mixture in the pan and serve immediately.

Rate It!
Jen: 8.5
Kile: 9 and he is not a fan of beans!
Kiley: 7.5
Madee: 7.5
Destrie: good- once I forced him to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment