July 21, 2010

Watermelon Salsa


I found this recipe at www.RecipeGirl.com

3 cups finely diced seedless watermelon
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely minced red onion
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste

1. In a medium bowl, toss watermelon, jalapeno, cilantro, and onion with lime juice. Season with salt. Serve at room temperature (or chilled).

Tips:
*Be sure to take out the seeds and the inside membrane from the pepper… that’s the extra-hot stuff.
*It’s okay to make this early in the day and let it chill until serving.
*Serve with tortilla chips.
Rate It!
* My family does not like cilantro, so I will not have them rate this recipe. I do like cilantro and I thought this was good. It was light and refreshing and I loved that it used watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment