October 28, 2011

Marshmallow Ghosts

I have not actually made these yet, but I wanted to post before Halloween so you would have a chance to make this super cute treat! I will be making mine this weekend and I can't wait!

Update...
*I had a lot of chocolate left over...enough to do another bag of marshmallows!

You will need a food marker for the ghost face, which I heard you could buy at Walmart. I couldn't find any when I looked though. I would guess Hobby Lobby or Michaels carries these markers?

Update...
*Could not find a food marker, instead bought a bottle of Wiltons black icing in a jar. I used a lollipop stick to stamp on the ghost face.


** Adapted from Yum! Magazine for Kids

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 Tablespoon shortening

Graham Cracker crumbs

Pretzel sticks

Large Marshmallows


Draw a ghost face on Marshmallows.

Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in the mircrowave for about 1 minute. Stir until completely melted – don’t overheat or you’ll burn the chocolate!

Stick a pretzel stick into the marshmallow. Dip the bottom of the marshmallow in the chocolate and then in the graham cracker crumbs.

Set on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in the frig for about 15 minutes, or until chocolate sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment