October 3, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

Announcing our "theme" for the month....

It's Potato Month here on the blog!!!

I will be featuring several potato recipes...from potato toppers, to side dishes, and on to soups and main dishes. There will even be some bread and roll recipes and also, are you ready for this???...dessert recipes that use potatoes. There will also be some fun Halloween recipes popping up here on the blog-because of my great love for Halloween! Get ready...Here we go!


Every September, a trek is made to Grace, Idaho to get potatoes. Check out how big these potatoes are. We had a baked potato bar for dinner last night and one potato fed me, Kile, and Destrie!




Let me tell you, this is one of my favorite times of year. Those of you who know me know that I LOVE potatoes. If I had to pick one food to eat the rest of my life, it would be a potato.... in some shape or form!

This year, there was a cookbook available at the place where we get our potatoes, so several recipes will come from this book.




My menu plan for the week:

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Potato Wedges, Watermelon

Potatoes with Zesty Ground Beef Topping, Grapes

Beef Tenderloin Steak, Cheesy Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes

Country Boy Microwave Scramble with Toast

Light Potato Soup, Breadsticks


Also, if any of you have a favorite potato dish...please send me your recipe. I would love to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment