Recipe and Photo from Jamie Cooks It Up!
5 chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
1 1/2 C water
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C soy sauce
1 t granulated garlic
1 t sesame oil (optional, but wonderful)
3 T corn starch + 4 T cold water
1. Spray the inside of your pretty crock pot with cooking spray. (I used a 4 quart crock)
2. Place 5 chicken breasts into the pot. If you are using chicken that has been frozen, be sure that it is completely thawed before you add it to the crock pot.
3. In a separate bowl combine 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1 t sesame oil. Give it a nice stir to combine and then pour it over the top of the chicken. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 7.
4. When the chicken is cooked through and easily shred-able remove it from the crock pot and place in on a plate.
5. In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoon of corn starch and 4 tablespoons of cold water. Pour it into the crock pot and stir it in thoroughly.
6. Take two forks and break the chicken breasts up a bit.
7. Place the chicken back into the crock pot and stir it around allowing the sauce to mix with the chicken.
8. Cover the crock pot and let the mixture cook and thicken for 30 minutes.
Serve over brown or white rice. Enjoy!
Madee: not home