May 5, 2010

Chinese Casserole


This is a recipe that we ate all the time when I was growing up. It is easy to make and when I first got married, this dish was something I was very comfortable making- just ask Kile. He got really sick of eating this and as a result, I have not made it in many years. We were telling our kids the "Chinese Casserole" story and they all said they had never eaten it before... Wow, it has been along time since I made it! So tonight, the Chinese Casserole is making a comeback. Hopefully Kile has had enough of a break from it that he won't mind eating it tonight =)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 T. minced onion flakes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. uncooked rice
1/2 c. water
1 T. soy sauce
*Chinese Noodles for serving on top of casserole


Brown the ground beef along with the minced onion. Combine soup, rice, water, and soy sauce in a bowl and mix together. Add ground beef and stir to combine. Pour mixture in to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with Chinese Noodles on top.

Rate It!
Jen: 7
Kile: 6
Kiley: 7.5
Madee: 4
Destrie: not good

* I followed this recipe exactly as it was given to me. I think that if I made this again though, I would double everything except the meat. I'll let you know if I make it again with my modifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment