May 30, 2010

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork


I got this recipe from my friend Sarah's blog and Sarah got it from our friend Amber. This photo is from Sarah's blog also.
Anyway, I had a bottle of this in my cupboard and was waiting for a chance to use it. YUM!

Ingredients:
1 pork roast (I always get the one that says "butt" portion- the meat is more tender)
2 12 oz cans of Dr.Pepper
1 bottle Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce
1 bottle honey BBQ sauce (I used Famous Dave's Sweet and Sassy)

Put pork roast in the crock pot with two cans of Dr. Pepper.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I did mine for 12 hours on low-overnight)
Pour out the Dr. Pepper and shred the pork with a fork.
Add 1 bottle of Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce and 1 bottle of your favorite honey BBQ sauce
Cook for one more hour in the crock pot.

Rate It!
Jen: 10
Kile: 9.5
Kiley: 8
Madee: 10
Destrie: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment