June 14, 2010
Garlic Cheddar Chicken
This recipe and photo came from Allrecipes.com
* 1/4 cup butter (I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Spray)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Lillie: 9 (Madee had a friend for dinner.)