June 2, 2010
Taco Pan Pizza
I adapted this recipe from one that I found on Allrecipes.com
* 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno (from a can)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
* 2 teaspoons lime juice
* 8 oz. salsa
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
* 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
* 1 lb. ground beef-browned
* 1 package McCormick Cheesy Taco Seasoning
* 3/4 cup milk
1. Unroll pizza dough and place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. To browned Ground Beef add Taco Seasoning and Milk- follow directions on package
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin. Spread over cooled crust.
4. Toss avocado with lime juice; Set aside.
5. Spread ground beef over sour cream mixture.
6. Pour Salsa on top of ground beef.
7. Add on green onions, olives, and cheese.
8. Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
9. Remove from oven and sprinkle avocados on top of pizza.
Kiley: not home