June 24, 2010
Double Crust Potato Pie
* 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 c. Hormel real Bacon Bits
* 3/4 c. Shredded Taco Blend Cheese
* 1 Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
* 1 teaspoon milk
1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, broth, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until potatoes are crisp-tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom pastry. Spoon potato mixture into the crust. Top with Hormel Real Bacon Bits and Shredded Taco Blend Cheese. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut vents in top. Brush with milk. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes -until golden brown. Serve warm.
Destrie: not good