September 3, 2010

Baked Zucchini with Mozarella

In case you're wondering what's up with all the Zucchini recipes lately, let me explain. Last week we were in Brigham and we stopped at a produce stand- the one across the street from Maddox and I got this whole box of Zucchini for $3. So I have been on a mission to find Zucchini recipes. This is really this first year my family has eaten Zucchini and so far so good! If anyone has Zucchini recipes they would like to send me- that would be great! On to another recipe...
Baked Zucchini with Mozarella
This recipe came from the Real Mom Kitchen Blog.
  • 2 medium sized (or about 5 small) zucchini
  • Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning (I used Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder because I could not find this product.)
  • salt
  • 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Slice your zucchini up into 1/2 inch rings.
2. Lay them out flat on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning and a bit of salt.
3. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
4. Take the hot pan out of the oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese. Turn the oven to broil, throw that cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Be careful here. Broiling things in the oven can get out of control in a fast hurry. (my trick for broiling is to not move the rack up, I just keep it in the middle of the oven and things are less likely to burn. It may take a minute longer, but no burnt food.

RateIt!

Jen: 7

Kile: 4

Kiley: 5

Madee: 7

Destrie: not good

No comments:

Post a Comment