September 16, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken


I did stray away from my weekly menu today. I had had enough Mexican food and was ready for something different. I saw this and thought it sounded yummy- so I gave it a try.

Poppy Seed Chicken

Recipe and Photo from Real Mom Kitchen
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
  • 1 cellophane sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
  • 4 Tbsp. melted butted
  • 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
  1. In a bowl, mix together soup and sour cream until well blended. Stir in diced chicken.
  2. Spread creamy mixture into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
  3. In a large zipper bag, crush crackers. Then add poppy seeds and butter to bag and seal. Toss to coast.
  4. Sprinkle cracker mixture over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over cooked rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Rate It!
Jen: 8
Kile: 8
Kiley: not home
Madee: 8
Destrie: not good

No comments:

Post a Comment