March 22, 2010

Cheesy Garlic Bread


*I found this recipe on the Real Mom Kitchen Blog. She had cut the spread ingredients for this bread recipe in half, so that is the recipe I used and what is posted below. This bread was good, but there was still too much of the spread. The next time I make this, I will 1/2 it again, resulting in a 1/4 of the original ingredients. I think I will leave the cheese amount the same though. This will make it much better I think.

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2cups shredded cheese-
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 6 Tbsp."I can't believe it's not Butter Spray"
(I substituted this in place of butter)
* 2-3 cloves garlic – peeled, minced fine
* 1 loaf French bread – cut in half lengthwise
* 1 bunch green onions – root and green ends trimmed, chopped


Directions:
1. In a bowl, stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, butter, and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
2. Spread prepared mixture evenly over the cut side of each bread loaf half. Sprinkle onions evenly over cheese mixture.
3. Place bread, spread side up, on a cookie sheet or aluminum foil, and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes. Turn oven setting to broil and broil for 3 minutes.
4. Break or slice bread into serving-size pieces and serve.

Rate It!
Jen: 7
Kile: 5 "It has potential, needs less spread on the bread."
Kiley: 7
Madee: 7
Destrie: Not Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment