March 29, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake


This recipe came from the Home Based Mom blog. I remember my mom making this when I was little so I had to make this even though I rarely eat cake anymore. I love the extra kick of flavor from the vinegar.

Mix together in a bowl and set aside:

2 C flour
2 C sugar
1 tsp salt

Mix together in your mixer:

2 cubes/sticks butter
1/4 C cocoa
2 eggs
1/2 C buttermilk
1 C hot water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp vinegar

Mix together. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes

Frosting:

1 cube/stick butter, softened
6 Tbsp milk
1/4 C cocoa
3 3/4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
*I also added a teaspoon of Vinegar to the frosting- if I remember correctly, that's what my mom did.

Mix butter, milk and cocoa together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well and spread on hot cake as it comes from oven.


Rate It!
Jen: 8
Kile: 3-he hated the vinegar taste
Kiley: 7
Madee: 6
Destie: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment