March 16, 2010
This photo came from Allrecipes.com
I got the basic idea for this recipe from Allrecipes.com also. I did play around with it and change several things though.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 Tbs. Accent seasoning
* 2 cups broccoli florets
* 1 10 oz. bag match stick carrots
* 1 can beef broth
* 1 can chicken broth
* 5 cups penne pasta
* 8 oz. frozen petite peas
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the broccoli and carrot in the skillet, sprinkle in Accent and cook 2 minutes, just until heated through.
2. In a pot, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the penne pasta and cook for 5 minutes, or until pasta is almost al dente.
3. Transfer the partially cooked pasta and broth to the skillet. Mix in the peas. Cover skillet, and continue cooking 10 minutes over medium heat, or until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender. Toss with the Parmesan cheese to serve.