April 20, 2011
*This is my version of Funeral Potatoes- I prefer to call them Cheesy Potatoes though.
6 or 7 large russet potatoes
1/4 c melted butter-
(can use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Hormel real bacon bits
salt and pepper -to taste
1. Scrub potatoes, poke with a fork and microwave until done- this usually takes about 20 or so minutes-depending on the size of your potatoes and the efficiency your microwave. To test doneness, I squeeze the potatoes with a hot pad- if no longer hard-they are ready.
2. While potatoes are hot, cut in half and scoop out the inside in to a bowl.
3. To this bowl add, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, sour cream, cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Spread mixture in to a 9x13 pan that has been greased.
5. Sprinkle top with Hormel real bacon bits.
6. Cover with tin foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes-until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle additional cheddar cheese on top if desired.
Destrie: didn't have any