April 28, 2011

Kelly's Meaty Tot Casserole

Is everyone out there familiar with Tater Tot Casserole?  It's a pretty basic recipe that most people I know ate, growing up.  Anyway Tater Tot Casserole is basically Tater Tots, Cream of Mushroom Soup with milk, and Ground Beef.  Nothing too fancy.  My brother Kelly, took it to another level and amped up this basic recipe.  Now I am not bagging on original Tater Tot Casserole, but I think I prefer this recipe redo.


Ingredients:
 1  32oz bag of  tater tots
  3/4 cup Colby Jack grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
  2 can's cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic (I used regular cream of mushroom)
  1 2/3 cup sour cream
  1 diced shallot onion
  1 pound uncooked bacon  ( I used Hormel Real Bacon Bits)
  1 pound HOT ground Italian sausage uncooked-(I used regular)

 Steps:
 1.  Cook the bacon and crumble.  Set aside
 2.  Cook the sausage, add to the bacon and set aside.
 3.  In a large bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and diced onion.  Then mix in the 32oz bag of tater tots.
4.  Add the sausage and bacon crumbles to the mixture and mix well.
 5.  Spray Pam cooking spray into a 9x13 glass pan, and pour in the mixture.  Even out well.
 6.  Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 50 minutes covered with tinfoil
7.  After baked for 50 minutes uncover, sprinkle on cheese, and bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.

* Forgot to get ratings...
the general consensus here was that everyone liked this version better than the regular recipe though.

No comments:

Post a Comment