April 20, 2011
Hard-boiled Egg Tips
I found a tutorial about how to make the perfect Hard-boiled Egg over at Our Best Bites
Thought I would share for the upcoming Easter weekend. Happy Easter!
1. Place eggs in saucepan in a single layer.
2. Fill pan with cold water, covering eggs by 1 inch.
3. Place over medium-high heat. Cover; bring to a boil. When you see the water just starting to get tiny bubbles from the heat, add a spoonful of salt and place lid back on.
4. As soon as the eggs come to a rolling boil, turn off heat; let stand, covered (don’t even think about peeking in there or you’ll lose all of the heat), 12 minutes.
5. Transfer eggs to bowl of ice water.
6. Let stand for about 5 minutes, then remove.