April 11, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

So, for the past 3 weeks I spent practically nothing at the grocery store and I was oh so proud of myself.  The only problem with this was, that I depleted most of our staple and freezer items.  When I finally drug myself to the store-(on 3 different occasions)  my totals rang in at $173.48.
Long story short, the lesson here is that $100 is pretty close to the amount that works for us each week. Spending so little all those weeks really just meant I had to play catch up.   Granted, the whole family was here for the week because of Spring Break, so maybe that had something to do with it.  Anyway, I will continue on with my goal of spending around $100 a week and see how things play out.  Here's what we will be eating this week:

Kelly's Meaty Tot Casserole
Ham Stuffed Manicotti- never got to this last week
Glazed Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf- never got to this
Ranch Mac and Cheese
Sandwiches and Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment