April 11, 2011
Lemon Bundt Cake
***NOTE: You will need between 3-4 fresh lemons for this recipe.***
1 box lemon cake mix
1/3 C flour
1 small box instant lemon pudding- I used vanilla
1/3 C oil
1/3 C sour cream
1/2 C fresh lemon juice-I used lemon juice
1 C water
(I just halved this and thought it was plenty.)
4 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
4 T milk
1. Place the cake mix, jello and flour in your stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl. Stir it around to combine.
2. Add your oil, lemon juice, water, sour cream and eggs.
3. Beat the batter until smooth and glossy (about 3-4 minutes). Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure all ingredients are mixed in.
4. Spray the inside of a bundt pan EXTREMELY well with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let it hang out on your counter for about 10 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.
7. Combine all glaze ingredients in your stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well.
8. When the cake is cool place it on a serving plate. Carefully pour the glaze on top.