- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion ( I used minced onion flakes-about 1/4 cup)
- 1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Suggested servings: sour cream, cheese, chips
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with the onions. Be sure to break up clumps as much as possible. Put the mixture in a slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Ladle into bowls and serve with your favorite chili fixings.