February 23, 2010

Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup


This recipe came from my mom. Every year when the "boys" go hunting in Clarkston, mom makes this soup for everyone to eat. Kile loves it and has been asking me to make it for several years. When I called my mom to get the recipe, she told me it was just something that she "made up". She is a very good cook. She gave me instructions how to make it and Kile said I did it right-yay!

Ingredients:

4 to 5 chicken breasts cooked and diced
Carrots
Wide Egg Noodles
1 large can (or 3 small cans) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 large can ( or 3 small cans) Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk
1 small bag of frozen corn
salt
pepper
accent
onion powder
parsley flakes

Dice the carrots (about 1 1/2 cups) Boil until tender. Drain water- set carrots aside.
Bring 2 qts. water to boil, add noodles and cook 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
In a large pot combine soups, noodles,chicken and carrots. Add milk to desired consistency. Heat through. Add frozen corn. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add accent seasoning (I used between 1 or 2 tablespoons) Add a dash of onion powder and parsley flakes for some added color. Heat a few additional minutes to warm corn.

Rate It!

Jen: 9
Kile: 9
Kiley: 6.5
Madee: 8
Destrie: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment