February 11, 2010

BBQ Baked Chicken


This recipe from a cook book that I purchased awhile ago back. The cook book is called "What's for Supper?" This book has 20 weeks of menus, recipes, and shopping lists.

I had to modify this recipe slightly because as I began making dinner, I realized I was missing several ingredients that I thought I had.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
1 Tbs. flour
1/4 c. water
1/4 brown sugar
1/4 c. ketchup (I used salsa- seriously who doesn't have ketchup????)
1 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. lemon juice (I used lime)
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 small onions- chopped ( I used minced onion flakes)
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder ( I used a pinch of cayenne pepper)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Place chicken in a greased 13/9 pan. Mix flour and water together. Combine brown sugar, ketchup,vinegar,lemon juice, and w. sauce. Bring to a boil-cook and stir until thickened. Stir in onion, mustard, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Remove from fridge 30 m. before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

* I have to say I did not really love this recipe, but I did substitute ingredients as I mentioned. I will have to try this again when I have the correct ingredients. I will say though, that the chicken was very moist.

Rate It!
Jen: 5
Kile: 7
Kiley: 6
Madee: 6
Destrie: good

No comments:

Post a Comment